The Foreign Affairs Committee of the Polish Sejm and Poland-Asia Research Center would like to invite you for the conference „Poland-China – Towards Efficient Model of Economic Diplomacy?”. It will take place on the June 25th 2014, at 9:00 a.m., at the Sejm RP (Column Hall), Wiejska st. 4/6/8, 00-902 Warsaw.
Conference language: Polish (English, Chinese/中文)
All participants are requested to register by 20 June 2014, submitting their personal details and institution which they represent to:
ATTENTION! Seats are limited! Only those who receive an email confirming their registration will be accepted. Due to security reasons, all participants will be requested to present an ID upon arrival to the Sejm premises (entry DV).
9:00-9:30 Opening of the conference
China in the eyes of Polish political elites
– China’s place in the Polish political discourse
– Polish-Chinese relations – experiences of the Foreign Affairs Committee of the Sejm of the Republic of Poland
– Growing importance of China – perception of the Polish political class
– Need of more active economic diplomacy in relations with China?
Grzegorz Schetyna (Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee (FAC), Sejm of the Republic of Poland)
Witold Waszczykowski (Deputy Chairman, FAC)
Radosław Pyffel (President of Poland-Asia Research Center)
H.E. Xu Jian, Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to the Republic of Poland
9:30-10:45 Panel I: Great expectations. The significance of the Chinese market to Polish entrepreneurs.
– Character and motives of cooperation with Chinese partners
– Possibilities and obstacles to economic activity in China
– Role of economic diplomacy – how to support Polish business effectively?
– Assessment of foregoing activity and future perspectives
Herbert Wirth (President and CEO, KGHM Polska Miedź S.A.)
Edmund Borawski, (President, Mlekpol)
Krzysztof Domarecki (Chairman of the Board, Selena FM S.A.)
Radosław Domagalski (Magellan Trading Shanghai)
Aneta Raczek (President, Ferro S.A.)
Filip Kenig (founder and commercial proxy, Amber Foods)
Jacek Stawiski (TVN24 BiŚ)
10:45-11:00 Coffee break
11:00-12:25 Panel II: Business-friendly state. The role of public administration in relations with China
– instruments of support to Polish business sector in China
– position and meaning of China in Polish strategic governmental documents
– the state of Polish-Chinese relations as seen by national institutions
– realization of strategic partnership with China – what next?
– expectations of Polish authorities
– initiative „16+1” – platform for regional cooperation
Waldemar Pawlak (former Prime Minister, former Minister of Economy, MP)
Katarzyna Kacperczyk (Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs)
Rafał Baniak (Deputy Minister of Treasury) (tbc)
Andrzej Dycha (Deputy Minister of Economy) (tbc)
Sławomir Majman (President of the Board, the PAIiIZ)
Ewa Synowiec (Head of the European Commission Representation in Poland)
Filip Grzegorzewski (Director of the Asia and Pacific Department, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Jarosław Gugała (Polsat)
12:25-12:45 Summary and closure of the conference
Grzegorz Schetyna (Chairman, Foreign Affairs Committee)
Radosław Pyffel (President, Poland-Asia Research Center)